Disable Right Click

(Move the mouse around to play with the fishies. Click to feed them)

Fish2

Friday, September 10, 2010

Sunset at Cottesloe and Plans for the Weekend



After much thought and deliberation, I made the tough decision to skip my lecture today. As I was fiddling on my computer, doing nothing, I thought to myself, “This is not how I should be spending my time – skipping class in my room … I should be at the beach!” So I set out with some friends to catch a sunset and dinner at Cottesloe. It would have been better for pictures if the clouds were a little higher (so they would have caught the reflections more) but it sure was beautiful. Had an unbelievable grilled steak sandwich with caramelized onions and arugula on this fresh Turkish bread and some delicious chips (French fries) to go with it. 




We found this rose sticking up in the sand. There was a wedding on the beach so maybe it was from that.



Like this one a lot.


And then the sun started to set!











On the way back to the bus we heard an incessant chatter and looked up into the trees to see hundreds of parrots squawking. A pretty neat sight – as well as very noisy. Overall, a very nice Friday afternoon.






Here are my plans for the weekend – assuming the weather holds, which according to weather.com shouldn’t be an issue. That being said, it is important to realize that without fail, weather.com always says it will be sunny. While the optimism is nice, it is not the most helpful source for making plans that are affected by weather. In reality, it will probably be a little overcast, but that shouldn’t stop me from … going diving both days!!! Tomorrow the plan is to go out to Robb’s Jetty where there is supposed to be a nice shore dive – heard there might even be a lionfish or two that live there. And on Sunday I plan on doing the Rockingham Bell Park Wreck Trail, which consists of several sunken airplanes and boats. Although the visibility can be less than ideal at this site, there should be some sea horses. As long as the weather holds there should be plenty of pictures coming your way. 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Booboo! Sounds like skipping class was well worth it. Also, in addition to the photos you noted, I love the one of your friends framed by the circular sculpture.

    : )

    Love you!

    ~Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow!! That second photo and the shell are two of my favorites. And the water! And the parrots!--as if designed by Crayola. I can't get over the colors. Sounds like a wonderful day all in all and a double-happy post :-))

    (Big game on Sunday...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Julian,
    What outstanding photography and a good reason for playing hooky!!!!
    What is equally stunning is the variety of subjects you chose with an artist's eye.
    And your narrative shred the adventure with all of us.Happy diving.We sailed from New Bedford to New London,an active sea but coming at us from the starboard aft quarter.The reason for this stop is to visit the submarine museum.Tomorrow your dad and Adam catch up.You are missed but we rejoice
    vicariuously in you adventure.Love .Poppy.

    ReplyDelete