Disable Right Click

(Move the mouse around to play with the fishies. Click to feed them)

Fish2

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Coral Bay Part VI: Final Two Days


Wednesday November 3rd:
After debating whether we should drive to Exmouth for a day trip, we decided to spend our last day at Coral Bay and just enjoy the last few moments we had with the beach and the house. In the morning we played a pretty competitive game of Pictionary. Although not everyone agreed it should count, I was impressed when I was able to make a drawing for Single Parent Family and Seb guessed One Parent Household. Those are almost exactly the same right!? After our game of Pictionary we just spent the rest of the day lazing around the beach and taking in as much sun as we could. 
Thursday November 4th:
On our last day several of us woke up at 5 to see the sunrise. 




It was a pretty beautiful scene that made us feel like we were in the Lion King.







 We packed up the house and were on the road by 8 A.M.


 When we arrived at the airport we found out our flight had been delayed until 1:35 so we decided to check out Exmouth. After seeing the pretty quiet town of Exmouth, we all were happy with our decision to spend the last day at Coral Bay. The highlight of the day was that I finally got to do some driving in Australia! Definitely a little bit strange being on the left side of the road. Some of the major differences was reaching for the seatbelt over my left shoulder when it was actually on my right and having the blinkers for indicating turns be on the right side while the windshield wipers were on the left. After seeing my mom and Matt mix up the two several times I thought I would be error free. I ended up mixing them twice … what can you do! A little stop during the drive:







Before long we were back in Perth, with the feeling like we had just left the day before. All in all it was an amazing trip. So nice getting to spend the time together with my friends one last time in such a special place. 

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of ... -- Hakuna Matada. Stay forever young. Nothing else to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad said it all.

    Except for this: I am So Glad you kept mixing up the directional and the windshield wipers. Pretty confusing, eh? Brought back happy memories of our trip, Jules. Remember how many times I made that mistake--and hugged the left side of the road? I'm still laughing.

    I think Emily has mastered the pose. And I love that photo of the house as well as the one of the road.

    It must have been so much fun to get up early for the sunrise. And what a sunrise it was. I'm so happy the trip was everything you'd hoped it would be. Beautiful memories to last a lifetime. Well done, you.

    ReplyDelete