Disable Right Click

(Move the mouse around to play with the fishies. Click to feed them)

Fish2

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Post VI: Harry's Bommie - Final Dive!


Friday, Oct 15th: For my fifth and final dive (I was flying the next day and you need to leave around 24 hours between diving and flying) I requested to go somewhere where we might see a pufferfish. Apparently, Harry’s Bommie is just the place as there is a giant porcupine fish that lives right near the descent line. 

And he was there as promised!








Later on I saw two more Desmonds! These ones were very shy and hid in a little cave.




 Towards the end of the dive we saw a huggeeee turtle! Big enough that I had to wonder if I was too close!  









Here are the rest of the shots:


I spy a little fish.






Amazing Clams!

























In the afternoon my mom and I went out for a snorkel off the boat.

 Had some fun bobbing in the big swells and just being pushed around by the current (weren’t too worried about where it took us since the boat was nearby). Felt like fish as we would be pushed forward and backwards with each swell. 





5 comments:

  1. Dear Julian,
    I wa going to send you a comment after each of your blogs from the Great Barrier Reef but I am absolutely breathless at the sights and your extraordinarily great photography.How nice to be able to enjoy all this vicariously and to participate with you in your sense of discover at all the marvels you are looking at.Nature is a magnificent artist.Say hello to your wonderful fellow adventurer and tell her she can look forward to three meter waves next time I promise flat as a pancake.Love.Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can have a family reunion shot with Franklin and Comet as well. Who's that Facho diver behind the Foster Grants. Soak it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH THESE ARE AMAZING!!! Puffies everywhere! And who's that pretty mumfish, hmm?? Looks like you're having a blast, dogs! Thanks so much for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally, a photo of a beautiful sea creature in black.... Bright colors are soooooo last year for sea creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unbelievably beaufiful! I am happy to see you enjoying your very special surroundings.keep on sharing with us. much love grammy

    ReplyDelete