Disable Right Click

(Move the mouse around to play with the fishies. Click to feed them)

Fish2

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

AQWA

Today we went to AQWA (the aquarium in Western Australia). As you all probably guessed, I enjoyed it heaps (picking up on Aussie lingo) and was teased several times for the goofy grin of delight on my face.


  (Sea Dragon) 

 Seeing all the fish and coral made me so excited to get out in the water and see all the creatures in the wild. 



             (Moon Jelly)


            (Blue-ringed Octopus. These are highly poisonous)




             (Grey Nurse Shark)

Well ... maybe not the last three in the wild. Although, Grey Nurse Sharks are peaceful and non-aggressive. Still, I think I would rather not see them. I have started to make loose plans with some friends to travel up north during the break in the middle of the semester. We were thinking of renting a camper van and driving up north - stopping at Monkey Mia in Shark Bay where, contrary to what the name suggests, there are many dolphin to swim with; and continuing to Coral Bay and Exmouth which sound utterly incredible. It would be a long haul but with friends and splitting the trip, it would be a lot of fun. Think we might take a flight back home as it would be about a 16 hour drive back if we did it with no stops. Here are a couple more shots from the aquarium - can't wait to take some underwater shots of my own.






              (Get the spear ready dad) 


         
     (Can see its eye in this one)



Tomorrow I enroll in classes. If my schedule works out the way I hope it does, I will have no classes on Friday and finish the week around 11:45 on Thursdays, which would be perfect for planning some trips. Wish me luck! 

5 comments:

  1. I can just imagine that wonderful grin on your face, Jules! What exceptionally beautiful creatures--even the highly dangerous ones (which I know you'll make every effort to steer/swim clear of in the water). I love the sea dragon and the moon jelly--never heard of either one before. Had you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grey nurse shark shot -- unbelievable! Fantastic. Love your photos so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't get over how cute that sea dragon is! let's get one as a pet...How about esme for a name? Also, make sure to be on the look out for Desmond's friends and cousins when you take your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sharpening the spear! Can't wait. Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. moon jellies are my computer background now! so beautiful! just don't bump into them, okay?

    (and those commercials are HILARIOUS! going to show them to noah when he's home)

    ReplyDelete