Disable Right Click

(Move the mouse around to play with the fishies. Click to feed them)

Fish2

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Just Some Thoughts


Not too much new to report back on. Registered for classes yesterday and find out tomorrow whether I got the times I wanted. If it works out I will have lectures on Thursday and Friday that are posted online so I could technically leave Thursday morning and go on a trip! When we were riding back from the city yesterday on the bus we looked out to the river and saw dolphins playing! It was awesome! So funny that there are just seagulls and parrots hanging out in the city, dolphins playing in the river, and apparently, peacocks wandering around the University’s campus.

We had an Aussie Trivia Night last night and here were two funny commercials they showed us. Apparently, New Zealand is Australia’s version of our Canada, so they get a fair share of teasing. Here is the Australian ad.


And here is the New Zealand reply. Thought these were pretty funny.

 

Also here is this story I found while reading about one of the places I was thinking of traveling to.


Came across another little difference when I was eating a peanut butter and jelly the other day for lunch (sorry Marina, but my only other choice was some questionable looking fried fish). When I told someone what I was eating (peanut butter and jelly) he looked at me disgusted. Turns out you say jam here when you mean jelly, because jelly here means jello. Gross. Peanut butter and jello.

Finally, here is a picture of an interesting looking flower and the river next to the campus before the rain came in.




2 comments:

  1. Your posts just keep getting better and better! I loved reading the recent ones, and those ads really made me laugh. Peanut butter and jello, anyone??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solo the kangaroo and desmond must be long lost friends from the ocean!!!

    OH MY GOSH GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    ...
    I saw Desmond from lost running the resevoir today!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete