Disable Right Click

(Move the mouse around to play with the fishies. Click to feed them)

Fish2

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Scarborough



 Yesterday I continued my quest to swim at every beach in Perth. The beach of the day was Scarborough, which is known more as a surfing beach. 



I went with Matt and Colin, two friends from Holland and found the beach to be prettier than Cottesloe. It was great getting to watch the waves and surfers. When I got in the water I realized how big the waves were, I’d say some probably around 6-10 feet?





 Hard to tell of course as the waves always look bigger when you are in. Looked up the swells for today though and they are 3.4 m (around 11 feet) so my guess sounds reasonable. By the end of the afternoon a storm was blowing in from the sea, which was pretty to see.


Was playing around with how to lay these out and couldn't decide if I liked it better with two or three. Thoughts?



I think today I will try and walk around the campus of UWA and see what it is like. So far, 3 days in Perth and 2 swims. Not too shabby. 


 


5 comments:

  1. Swimmy swim swim...looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...I like the photos both ways (the black borders are very dramatic), but you know me: I tend to like the number three, so I'll go with that one. And 6 to 10-foot waves. Yikes! I hope they don't get any bigger than that.... The shell at the end is wonderful. Was it just there on the beach? I love waking up to your blogs, Jules. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Like the two set-up better. Off in search of Selkies. Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the 2 picture set up most. That looks amazing.. are you going to learn how to surf? You should!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your blog Julian!

    ReplyDelete