Disable Right Click

(Move the mouse around to play with the fishies. Click to feed them)

Fish2

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Rottnest Tomorrow! ... and Australian Stormtroopers?


Excited for tomorrow! Finally going to Rottnest Island! Think about ten of us will be going out for the day. Going to wake up early, have some breakfast, and then take the bus and ferry over there. Don’t have my underwater photo gear with me yet, but I will bring my mask and fins to go snorkeling… figure I’ll scope it out. Hear they rent out surfboards there too so maybe I’ll try and get one or see if they offer lessons. Definitely will bring the camera with me tomorrow!

Today when I was in Perth I stumbled across this scene … notice anything strange?


If you said … hmm … maybe it’s the random stormtroopers walking around then you would be correct! So far my impression of Perth is that it is either super busy or eerily quiet. Today was one of the busy days, so the streets were filled with people bustling around and street performers … and apparently stormtroopers. There was also a bagpipe player who was really good. 




Come to think of it, I’ve never heard a bad bagpipe player. Kind of funny mental image thinking about one. 

4 comments:

  1. I cracked up at the idea of a bad bagpipe player. What a disaster that would be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a funny image. I loved both photos of the bagpipe player, by the way. And I can't wait to hear about the outing to Rottnest. Keep us posted (ha! no pun intended...).

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. They really look like toy stormtroopers, don't they??

    ReplyDelete