Disable Right Click

(Move the mouse around to play with the fishies. Click to feed them)

Fish2

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Leaving Soon ...




Really getting close to that time where I head off to Australia. Leaving this Friday, July 9th. Getting in to Sydney for orientation 6:45 AM ,July 11th . In his book In a Sunburned Country, Bill Bryson writes, 

“Each time you fly from North America to Australia, and without anyone asking how you feel about it, a day is taken away from you when you cross the international date line. I left Los Angeles on January 3 and arrived in Sydney fourteen hours later on January 5. For me there was no January 4. None at all. Where it went exactly I couldn’t tell you. All I know is that for one twenty-four-period in the history of earth, it appears I had no being.”

Just thought that was a funny way of thinking about it. At least I am not flying directly to Perth which would be at best a 23 hour flight and at worst a 42 hour flight. 42 Hours!?!?! That is ridiculous. Definitely going to stock up on TV shows for the ride. Figure I’ll burn through a couple seasons of whatever show I choose. Maybe Dexter? Any ideas or suggestions? Maybe they will have some Nicholas Cage movies … always a source of guaranteed amusement. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Julian! You're practically off and running. Great design on the blog--it will definitely have us coming back for more. As to movies, may I recommend "Moonstruck"? Nicolas Cage and Cher for the price of one...

    ReplyDelete